Bahia State Government has decided to execute a project for building a new bridge between the island of Itaparica and Salvador.
- Duplication of the highway that crosses the island.
- Duplication of existing bridge called Bridge Funnel.
- Regulation of building houses, bars and restaurants in front of the beaches.
- Probably taking down all the buildings that are within a range of 33 m in front of the beach.
- Expropriation of large areas for construction of large buildings for classes A, B, and C.
- Upgrading of streets, to be paved with granite stones called cobblestones.
- Expansion of the entire system of sewage.
- Reorganization of the system of collection and treatment of waste.
Soaring real estate prices.
Because of this project, property prices are soaring. The tendency is that, when they begin to bridge, scheduled for 2014, prices will increase even more. Current property prices are still very low compared to Salvador, Morro de São Paulo, Itacaré and Porto Seguro for example.